31 Temmuz 2009 Cuma

RIP Bobby Robson

Jose Mourinho;

"It is difficult to accept such a person is no longer with us - but he is immortal because he leaves in everybody who knows him a mark of his personality - a great coach but, more than that, a great person.

"I hadn't spoken to him in the last two months because it was hard for me. It was me who found it hard because I didn't want to think that he was dying, that wasn't the image that I wanted to keep with me forever of Bobby Robson, that wasn't the voice I wanted to hear.

"I wanted to and I will keep with me always the Bobby Robson of every day, a person who had extraordinary passion for life and for football, with an extraordinary enthusiasm.

"Bobby Robson is one of those people who never die, not so much for what he did in his career, for one victory more or less, but for what he knew to give to those who had, like me, the good fortune to know him and walk by his side.

"My thoughts and embraces go to all his loved ones."
Sir Alex Ferguson;

"In my 23 years working in England there is not a person I would put an inch above Bobby Robson. I mourn the passing of a great friend, a wonderful individual, a tremendous football man and somebody with passion and knowledge of the game that was unsurpassed. His character was hewn out of the coal face, developed by the Durham County mining background that he came from.

Alan Shearer;
"His parents instilled in him the discipline and standards which forged the character of a genuinely colossal human being."
Gary Lineker;

"I was deeply saddened to hear of Bobby Robson's death. He was a great football man. He had a tremendous enthusiasm and passion for football and life and continued to retain this right to the last days of his life.

"He will be deeply missed by everyone, especially those who played for him. I have the fondest memories of playing for him at two World Cups. In recent years he undertook a great deal of work for his cancer charity and raised the profile considerably in addition to the monies raised."

"He will be sadly missed by everyone, not just by people in the football world but from all walks of life. It's a very sad day for everyone, especially his family, his close friends and anyone who's ever worked with him."

Fotoğraflar: 1: Pascal Le Segretain, 2: AP, 3-4: Reuters

Hiç yorum yok: